Thursday, March 8, 2012

Karantez Vro

A heavenly song from brittany, brought by the beautifull Nolwenn Leroy.
Today it's my birthday and this is my gift to myself!
The translation of this song in English:

For Love of Homeland

In my heart there lays a wound,
Since my youth the scars were there
Because, alas, the one I loved
did not love what I loved.
He liked only the city,
Not the vast sea and the farway;
I liked only the countryside,
the beauty of the country of Brittany.
I had to choose between two great loves,
The love of homeland, and the love of a man;
To my country I offered my life,
And there my beloved could never follow
Since, I never saw him again,
I never knew what happened to him -
In my heart the wound still bleeds,
Because what I loved he did not love.
Each one of us must live by Fate
Thus, it is in this world.
Bruised, indeed, was my heart,
For what I loved he did not love
To him, honors and wealth
To me, a despised and humble life.
But I would not exchange it for any treasure,
My country, my language and my freedom.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the translation! I love this song (and Nolwenn). (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Good Article Thanks For sharing!

    Bouzouki-Gitarre kaufen
    https://muzikhausberlin.de

    ReplyDelete